Not So Boring After All

My date with Billy* did not go as intended. We had dinner at Cheesecake Factory, not Dave & Buster's like we had planned on a few days prior. Dinner was awkward because it was not only the first time we were meeting, but we were crammed at a table entirely too close to others. I could see his nerves showing and he grew increasingly panicked as he kept forgetting small details that I had told him months ago.
After dinner we planned to see a movie but we found out that all of them had been sold out. I wasn't upset; I'm a "go with the flow" type of girl. We could have gotten a drink at Uno's or played games Dave & Buster's. Instead, we sat in my car and talked for hours and hours.
It turns out he isn't so boring after all, he's just terrible at small talk. His sense of humor is similar to mine and I found myself unable to breathe, I was laughing so hard.  He's nerdy and awkward, but so sweet and patient. He has such a kind, gentle heart. I learned so much about him in that short amount of time, and I was glad he opened up to me. His home life isn't the greatest, and while it has caused him to believe he doesn't deserve to be treated well, he wears his heart on his sleeve and I can tell how much love he has to offer.
He kissed me so gently at first, and I felt it...that spark that I had read about in books, that only exists in fairy tales. It was incredible; I just wanted to move closer and hold tighter.
The following day he decided that for Valentine's day we would go to see Deadpool (which I had menioned several times that I was dying to see). And from there on out, it has been full steam ahead.
A week after our first date, he told me that he loved me via text (only 1 date under our belts at this point). I was shocked and didn't quite know how to respond. I can feel myself falling fast and hard. I'm terrified but I know he's not going anywhere. We've only been on 3 dates, funny enough but we're already best friends; I want to tell him about every little aspect of my day, share every thought I have, spend every spare minute with him.
I'm trying to let myself enjoy the ride, and while instincts tell me that it's never worked out with nice guys in the past, something in my heart tells me this one is meant to last, at least for a while. He makes me melt and he gives me butterflies.
He's placed me on this pedestal, always reminding me that I'm beautiful and a good person. While I know this already, deep down I've always worried that I wasn't worthy of someone treating me well. I spend all of my time worrying about and taking care of other people so I forget that at the end of the day, I'm a good person who deserves to be loved. 
So for now, I've fallen head over heels for a man who is good, kind, gentle, loyal, patient, loving, funny, sweet and caring. And I'm ready to see where it takes me.

Comments

Popular Posts